CRM looks like a simple abbreviation of Customer Relationship Management. But if you are really taking it as cutting edge strategy, which can increase your revenues, then it is better to get a CRM technology which takes care of your complete customer interaction management rather than just a part of it. The time when you are prepared to invest in a technology CRM, which can dramatically enhance your profitability, then it is recommended to evaluate a CRM application on all of the following criteria.
Core CRM features
- Presales management: Get a software application which can provide you a complete presales management package. People often call it a “Marketing Software” which works as email campaign management system in addition of mail merge. In today’s world it is also required to be connected with social communities thus consider this also in your presales package.
- Sales Management Software: Where presales generates leads for you sales is actually concentrated towards winning the opportunity and generating more revenues for you. So, it can be considered as the most critical part of the profit center in any organization. It serves on various aspects like lead management | contact management | account and activity management | opportunity management etc. Sales process is usually very complex and varies from company to company thus select a CRM which can adapt with your own sales process rather than changing your business flow. Remember user compliance is the biggest hurdle for CRM implementation and you need to be very particular on getting a user friendly application.
- Post sales management software: Retaining your customer is less expensive more profitable than winning a new customer. Choose a CRM which first helps in listen to your customer better. It should be capable enough to manage the enquiries against individual customer.
Integration with all possible Touch points
The exact point, where the customer interacts with the organization, is known as the touch point. All possible touch points should be integrated with your CRM application so that you can get the ground details related to any customer.
- Manual entry: Your CRM application should be very user friendly where the customer executives don’t have any problem in entering and getting details of the customer at the time of visiting your customer care center.
- Integration with email: Customers often send emails to enquire about your offering or to complain. You need an application which can keep these mails against particular leads or customers.
- Integration with telephonic system: The quickest way of making enquiries about your products/services and logging complain is via making calls. To get a complete picture of customer’s query or complain while talking over phone, it is very important to integrate the calling system with your CRM. It helps you in winning a new customer exactly over phone.
- Integrate it with your portal/website: Company’s website is the first place where prospects lands with their initial queries thus integration of the CRM with the website should be an essential feature.
Should have required workflows
Workflows are the key for automations. If the CRM provides you the adequate workflows defined by your organization then it would certainly end up by standardizing your business process end to end.
- Auto lead assignment: Whenever a lead comes from North America assign it to Joseph,
- Escalation management: If the service executive does not update the ticket within 2 days – escalate it to level 2 managers.
- Territory management: If the query arises from south Eastern Asia assign it to Chris.
- Notifications: Whenever a task is assigned to sales officers send the notification over email
CRM is a process based application which is made for serving live business requirement. You cannot imagine it without reports and dashboards to get the better insight to your business. Particularly a drill down feature in the dashboard makes it a fun to analyze your business movement.
If you are dealing with a large chunk of data then it is very tough to get the complete visibility of the business process with the help of simple reports and dashboards. It would be excellent if you can get it integrated with a flexible business tool to get the intelligent answers of your intelligent queries. Business intelligence tool provides the power of what if analysis which ultimately ends up with the better projections and valuable management decisions.
Remember: Getting an entire CRM suit may not be the good way of implementing this ambitious application but phase wise implementation will really do wonders!!